Chemical Peels in Los Altos, CA
If you are bothered by wrinkles, fine lines, and discoloration, you may want to enlist the services of Harry Mittelman, MD. Dr. Mittelman is a board-certified facial plastic surgeon who performs specialty chemical peels at his practice in Los Altos. Dr. Mittelman serves the residents of San Jose, Palo Alto, and surrounding communities in California.
WHAT IS ARE CHEMICAL PEELS?
During a chemical peel, a solution is spread onto the skin. As the name suggests, this chemical causes the damaged outer layer of skin to peel off. After a peel, your skin will appear younger, and your complexion will be brighter. The pores on your face may be minimized as well.
Our medical aesthetician, LeeAnn Steffen can apply the chemical peel solution to your entire face, or she can focus on smaller areas of skin. The age-defying outcomes of this procedure are not permanent, but they are long-lasting. Some acne scars can all but vanish after a series of chemical peels.
We utilize several effective solutions to offer you the best possible peel:
- A Phenol Peel aggressively fights sun damage, wrinkles, and fine lines. Your skin’s texture will be smoother after this treatment, and your skin will appear noticeably brighter. Performed only by Dr. Harry Mittelman
- A Trichloroacetic Acid Peel is gentler and reduces the appearance of skin discoloration. Your skin will look fresh and will have an even tone after this treatment. 2% to 5% TCA performed by our medical aesthetician above 5% TCA performed by Dr. Mittelman
- A Glycolic Acid Peel utilizes Alpha Hydroxy Acids. These acids slough away dull skin and stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
LeeAnnwill assist you in choosing the best chemical combination for your skincare goals. We offer a number of chemical and natural combinations that can be adjusted for your individual needs.
TYPES OF CHEMICAL PEELS
LeeAnn will examine your skin beforehand in order to ensure that you receive the best treatment for your skin. Our practice offers the following chemical peel treatments:
- The Sensi Peel® exfoliating skin treatment was designed primarily for patients with extremely sensitive skin types, such as those of Asian descent. The solution uses a blend of L-lactic acid, trichloroacetic acid (TCA) and plant-derived progesterone. The Sensi Peel® is a great treatment for acne, rosacea, hyperpigmentation and sun damage.
- The UltraPeel™ I and II are effective treatments for acne, pigmentation disorders, fine lines and sun or smoking-damaged skin. The treatments are ideal for sensitive skin since they produce only a minimal stinging sensation upon application. The UltraPeel™ II can be used alone or along with any other peel to produce brighter, tighter skin.
- An AHA peel uses alphahydroxy acids (AHAs) to treat fine wrinkling, areas of dryness, uneven pigmentation, and acne. AHA peels can provide smoother, brighter-looking skin for those with sensitive skin. The concentration of the AHAs used can be determined by LeeAnn ahead of time, depending on your particular situation.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM A CHEMICAL PEEL?
If you have one or moreof the following skin conditions, your skin may benefit from regular chemical peels:
- Deep wrinkles or creases
- Fine lines, such as crow’s feet
- Flaky skin that feels dry to the touch
- Acne vulgaris and cystic acne
- Acne scars or other facial scarring
- Uneven skin tone
- Sun damage
- Growths, including pre-cancerous growths
- Other blemishes
It may take a series of treatments to achieve the results you desire. How many treatments you may need will be determined by the condition of your skin and the severity of your problem.
HOW IS THE CHEMICAL PEEL APPLIED?
Your peel will be applied with an applicator or a soft brush. When the peel first begins to seep into the outer layers of your skin, your skin will lighten. After a predetermined amount of time, a cold compress will be applied to the affected area. Next, a solution designed to neutralize the acids in the peel will be applied. Many patients report a tingling or a slight stinging sensation during the procedure.
Some peels can be performed with no anesthesia. However, some patients request light sedation. Deeper peels require the use of anesthesia. The common time it takes to undergo a chemical peel is between 20 and 90 minutes. Deeper peels may take up to two hours.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING RECOVERY?
After the procedure, you will be given a prescription for mild pain relief. You will also be given a mild facial cleanser. It is perfectly safe to go home on the same day that you received your treatment. If your chemical peel requires light sedation or anesthesia, you will need to arrange transportation from the office, and you may require assistance at home.
For a few days, you will experience mild discomfort in the form of itching and burning. Your skin will appear red, and you may notice scabbing, especially if you underwent a deeper peel. Your skin will peel for about two weeks. Once the natural peeling process is complete, your skin will be slightly pink and will already appear fresher. A deep peel may entail more time in recovery, but your results will last much longer.
HOW MUCH DO CHEMICAL PEEL SAN JOSE?
Because chemical peels are classified as cosmetic procedures, your insurance may not cover the cost of your procedure. We accept all major credit cards. Our well-trained and professional staff will discuss your payment options with you.
Harry Mittelman, MD, is recognized as a pioneer in facial plastic surgery. As a board-certified facial plastic surgeon, specializing in both surgical and non-surgical or non-invasive cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery procedures, Dr. Mittelman provides his patients with exceptional skills and results that last. For more information on chemical peels or to schedule a private consultation at Dr. Mittelman’s office, please contact us today.We serve the entire Southbay and Bay Area including Los Altos, Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Redwood City, Mountain View, San Mateo, San Jose, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale and the surrounding areas.
Read Our Reviews
“I have been going to Dr. Mittelman for various procedures since 1999. He is personable, easy to talk to and absolutely sane about what to do and when. I appreciate his calm advice as much as i do his surgical skills, which are_the best_ A special note about the staff – they are considerate and…”
“I had my upper eyelids done by Dr. Mittelman. I was expecting improvement, but I think the results are fabulous. Dr. Mittelman and I talked a lot about what I was hoping to get out of the surgery and what he thought was possible. I had some wrinkles and heavy “hooding” that made me look…”
“Over the years I have had different procedures done by Dr. Mittelman. I prefer to have the smaller surgeries as I go along the way, they are less invasive and provide more natural results. Dr. Mittelman has delivered excellence in professionalism each and every single time. H is an excellent plastic surgeon, more like a…”
“Dr. Mittelman, the master of administering BOTOX with fabulous results! His staff is super friendly and their office is extremely diligent in providing a safe, sterile, and clean environment, particularly during these unprecedented times – COVID-19”